FloMix Mortar Silos
Flomix is designed to improve efficiency on site and reduce waste giving contractors increased flexibility. We provide technical support and practical advise when required. Flomix has additional economic advantage over site mixing with zero set up costs and no break down costs. Using the flomix system you are contributes to a safer site environment that is significantly cleaner.
Dry mortar silos are becoming ever more popular for cementitious onsite mixing. This gives you instant mortar and the ability to only use what you require, reducing waste. Ideal for Plasterers, Brick and Block Layers, Flooring and other uses.
Already got one of our silos on site? For things to work out as smooth as possible for yourself we recommend giving us plenty of notice when re ordering. However, we can deliver next day throughout the country and in some instances same day.
Benefits of Flomix Dry Silo Mortar
- Flomix dry silo produced mortar contains a guaranteed cement content, controlled air and workability aid contents, contained within guaranteed mix proportions, which provide the customer with a durable mortar less susceptible to frost attack and exhibiting superior resistance to rain penetration.
- Accurate and controlled pigment addition results in superior colour consistency for coloured mortar applications.
- There is no need to use retarders in Flomix dry silo mortar, as the material only needs to be produced from the silo when it is required.
- The system allows as much or as little to be produced from the silo as required, from a bucketful to a tubful, meaning wastage is kept to a minimum.
- Workability of the mortar can be adjusted to meet any on site masonry application, resulting in increased productivity.
- Dry material for mixing is always available from the silo whenever required – eliminating downtime and increasing productivity.
- Silos take up a relatively small area on site meaning space is effectively utilised.
- Mortar can be produced at the press of a button, meaning labour intensity and health and safety concerns are reduced, compared to traditional site mixing.
- Material stored in the silo is not exposed to the elements so therefore retains it’s integrity, reducing wastage and also removing the chance of opportunist theft.
- Large quantities of mortar are delivered via bulk powder tanker, which reduces on site traffic movements significantly.
- Site presentation is considerably improved.
- Noise produced by the silo mixer unit is minimal, particularly advantageous where sites are located close to schools, hospitals, existing residential areas etc.
With the Flowmix Dry Mortar System, you have mortar at the touch of a button using only what you require meaning no waste! Flomix is suitable for building facing brick, all blockwork and pointing.
No retarder is used in Flomix mortar. Mortar is only produced from silo when required. Workability of the mortar can be adjusted on site.
Material stored in the silo is not exposed to the elements, therefore, retaining its integrity.
Refills of mortar are delivered by bulk power tankers which reduces site traffic. Site presentation is greatly improved and noise produced by the silo mixer is minimal (Advantageous when site is close to hospital, schools or other residential areas)